Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA)
The FFATA Sub-award Reporting System (FSRS) will collect data from Federal prime awardees on sub-awards they make: a prime grant awardee will be required to report on its sub-grants and a prime contract awardee will be required to report on its sub-contracts.
In accordance with 2 CFR Chapter 1, Part 170 REPORTING SUB-AWARD AND EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION INFORMATION, Prime Awardees awarded a federal grant are required to file a FFATA sub-award report by the end of the month following the month in which the prime awardee awards any sub-grant equal to or greater than $25,000. The reporting requirements are as follows:
- This requirement is for both mandatory and discretionary grants awarded on or after October 1, 2010.
- All sub-award information must be reported by the prime awardee.
- For those new Federal grants as of October 1, 2010, if the initial award is equal to or over $25,000, reporting of sub-award and executive compensation data is required.
- If the initial award is below $25,000 but subsequent grant modifications result in a total award equal to or over $25,000, the award will be subject to the reporting requirements, as of the date the award exceeds $25,000.
- If the initial award equals or exceeds $25,000 but funding is subsequently de-obligated such that the total award amount falls below $25,000, the award continues to be subject to the reporting requirements of the Transparency Act and this Guidance.
FFATA Terms and Conditions (PDF)
FFATA Sub-award Reporting System (FSRS)
FFATA Sub-award Reporting System (FSRS) FAQs
|Last Modified: 12/31/1600 7:00:00 PM