Chapter 27: Sample AADE Application
A coordinator will be designated to oversee the planning, implementation, and evaluation of diabetes self-management education. The coordinator will have academic or experiential preparation in chronic disease care and education, and in program management.
Essential Elements Checklist:
- Coordinator’s resume reflects academic, continuing education and/or experiential preparation
- Position description describes program oversight by coordinator
Back to top
TITLE: DSME/T Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Program Director (manager, administrator, CEO, etc.)
SUPERVISES: DSME/T program staff (primary qualified instructors, group leaders)
POSITION OVERVIEW: Provides oversight for planning, implementation and evaluation of the DSME/T program and ensures the systematic and coordinated delivery of diabetes educational services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direction for the selection, and ongoing review, of the curriculum and educational materials to ensure they meet the needs of the population targeted.
- Directs marketing activities.
- Develops and directs the implementation of an annual program evaluation plan and performance improvement activities, including CQI projects.
- Ensures that DSME/T program accreditation requirements are met and maintained.
- Oversees the diabetes educational process and ensures that services are provided in an individualized and fiscally feasible manner.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with community groups, payers and potential referral sources.
- Interfaces with the Volunteer Accreditation Advisory Group.
- Maintain 15 hours of continuing education annually as it relates to the profession.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge about chronic disease management and disease self-management educational processes
- Supervisory abilities
- Knowledge about program management
- Proficient in various computer applications, including spreadsheets
- Marketing skills
- Education and/or experience in program management
- Education in, and/or experience with, chronic diseases and disease self-management
< Insert Primary Coordinator resume here >
< Insert copy of license of program coordinator here (if applicable) >
< Insert copies of any pertinent training for the program coordinator here >
Back to top
< previous | chapter list | standards list | next >